The Arizal’s says that “our thoughts are expressed in our lips.”
Our beliefs leads to our thoughts
Our thoughts leads to our speech
Our speech leads to our actions
Our actions overtime become our habits
Our habits become our life.
Start the year with a new belief and the rest will follow.
May everyone have a meaningful fast.
Today Jewish people around the world are celebrating the holiest day of the year. We ask for forgiveness and forgive, start fresh, let go of the past, and focus on peace and growth.
It is extra special because it is on Shabbat, and we still fast.
Wishing everyone an easy and meaningful fast,
Gmar Chatima Tova,
1) Very important to ask for forgiveness and forgive everyone. You must say the words “I am sorry / סליחה” and it is very important to ask the person to say the words “מחול לך, מחול לך, מחול לך” “You are forgiven, You are forgiven, You are forgiven” 3 times. Otherwise it is not considered that you are forgiven.
2) It is of the utmost importance to forgive your children and to say the words “You are forgiven…. מחול לך …” 3 times. Hashem is ‘upset’ when parents are upset with their children and have not forgiven them.
3) Before lighting the candles for Yom Kippur donate 18 of something as a Kofer nefesh. This truly has the power to take care of any unforeseen illness, chas v’shalom.
4) As is the custom on Yom Kippur to light yahrzeit candles for the deceased, a’h. On a separate table, light a candle for each member of your immediate family. It is called a “health” candle dedicated to the health of each one of your family members. Please make sure to light these candles away from the yahrzeit candles. If any of the candles blow out any time before the end of their wicks, then relight it at the end of the fast until it is completely finished down to the end of the wick/wax.
5) Very important to bless your children the special bracha written in the Yom Kippur siddurs before going to shul on Erev Yom Kippur. This is a moment of unbelievable power to truly bless them for everything: shidduchim, health, happiness, nachas, wisdom. It erases any curses that may have been said to the children, c’v. Can be done by Aba or Ima.
6) During the prayers in shul when the chazzan says: ויעבר…., v’Ya’avor… This is a time of unbelievable Rachamei Shamayim. Use it to ask for forgiveness from Hashem. It is as if there is a lawyer fighting your case in shul at that moment.
7) Neilah נעילה is a time when Hashem gives us the opportunity to request anything that just seems to be locked in place and just doesn’t seem to be getting answered. 20 minutes before sunset on Yom Kippur Hashem opens up the door that is closed all year long. This is a time of unbelievablesha’at ratzon, עת רצון.
😎 When the congregants say שמע ישראל, Shema Yisrael, yell it out with them, this is a time of great unity in Klal Yisrael. All the Jews everywhere are in shul at the same time reciting Shema at the same time … Chazal teach that we should say this Shema as if c’v it were the last time, just before a person passes away. Ask Hashem to open the doors to your wishes.
9) As we say “ה’ הוא האלוקים” envision that we are ‘escorting’ Hashem back to Shamayim. He has been with us since the beginning of Elul and is now ‘going back’ so to speak to Shamayim. We say ה’ הוא האלוקים 7 times, envision that each time we say this we are ‘elevating’ Hashem to the next level in Shamayim until the 7th and uppermost level: Hashems home.
10) Each time we say ה’ הוא האלוקים we should ask for another wish. It is a time when the yetzer hara makes us confused because it is filled with kedusha and a very auspicious time, עת רצון גדול. Therefore, write your wishes down and keep it in your siddur and each time we say Hashem Hu HaElokim ask for one thing. Don’t waste these precious moments when you are standing in front of the Holy Throne. Don’t leave Hashem for a moment stay with Him. And just as the Kohen HaGadol would go into the holy of holies once a year for 30 seconds to ask Hashem on behalf of the nation, you are given this same chance. Escort Hashem home. Whoever is zoche to escort Hashem back to Shamayim during the reciting of these words, will feel his presence all year long, Amen!
11) At the end the Chazzan blows the last and long shofar sound and that is it -Hashem is now home and we are waving goodbye to Him. But it is at this time we should look towards the entranceway of the shul and envision Mashiach coming through the doorway. Envision all of the sick people being healthy, all of our loved ones and righteous tzadikim coming back to be with us…. This is a time for great hope…
May we all have a meaningful fast, one that truly cleanses us to better serve the Almighty with great passion all year long. And may we all be sealed into a wonderful year and finally see the end to all suffering with the coming of the Mashiach, AMEN‼️