I have so much to say, but chocolate keeps on popping up in my life, on my internet, and even when I went to Whole Foods today to buy my favorite homeopathic cough syrup, Chestal by Boiron for my kids. I never noticed there was literally a wall full of chocolate bars, it was hard to pass it by, and just now I saw the recipe below, and I think it is something I just have to share!
❤️❤️CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE ❤️❤️
Chocolate, the universal craving. But why?! WHY do we crave it? Especially why do we crave it AT NIGHT??!! 😘😘😜
The number one reason why we crave chocolate 🍫 is because cocoa is a rich source of magnesium and magnesium is what makes us feel relaxed. 😎🤗🤗
(Think of taking an Epsom Salts bath- super relaxing right?! Epsom salts is Magnesium Sulphate!)
The reason that chocolate looks sooooo good at bedtime is NOT because you suddenly have no willpower!!! It’s *actually* because your body is brilliant and is trying to get the minerals in needs to relax and drift into sleep peacefully. 😴
So make yourself a batch of this delicious, simple, magnesium-rich chocolate bark and enjoy a few pieces whenever the craving strikes.
*note- you won’t eat the entire thing in one sitting. Unlike commercial chocolate, this is super rich in the minerals that you’re body is actually craving so you’ll feel satisfied after a few pieces 🤓😍😍
1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder
1 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1/4 cup slivered Almonds and/or Cashews
1 TB Raw Goji Berries
1 TB Organic Orange Rind
1. Mix the melted coconut oil and raw cacao powder thoroughly in a bowl.
2. Once the coconut oil and raw cacao powder are thoroughly mixed, ONLY THEN add the maple syrup and mix it all together.
3. Pour the mixture into a 12×12 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
4. Sprinkle the slivered almonds/cashew, goji berries, and orange rind all over the liquid chocolate.
5. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and it will magically harden like real chocolate 🎊🎈🎉💋
6. Take out from the freezer, break it into pieces and put them into a ziplock bag and keep it in the freezer!
Stays good for about 4-6 weeks!
I’ll be going LIVE this Wednesday at 2pm PST in my rad little Facebook community this Wednesday to demonstrate how this is done so you can see how super easy it is!
I’ll also be teaching
•2 other reasons we have such strong cravings at night
•simple solutions to nip them in bud
• how to make equally delicious and nutritious chocolate peanut butter cups 🙌🏼💋💋
If you’d like to join the LIVE, comment below and I’ll give you the link! 😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️🍫🍫🍫😂🙌🏼