I don’t know about you, but I am trying to wrap my head around all of it. As I am teaching my classes I see all sides, somebody I know is going to Washington D.C. to march, and others are saying that the media and money is trying to sway the country, what do you think?
As Americans, I want to hear from you, talk to you, know about you, and figure it out together. Calling people names and taking sides does not make sense to me. I am all for protest, but am completely against hate mongering and violence.
I respect everybody’s point of view,
That is what makes this country unique,
Nobody can tell me or you how to feel and act,
Real, Authentic expression,
Even extremes give us a guage,
I would like to think we are all at a place that we are strong enough to speak up for ourselves and respect others,
Our freedom of speech and independence is for everybody,
– redefines public space for assembly, dialogue, expression instead of silence, isolation, violence;
– connects people’s hearts, feelings and voices energetically;- gives us practice in trusting our intuition, collectively;
– interrupts the “normal” way of being in public space when normal is protecting oppressive ways of being.
– a form of collective communication– shows the national what is concerning locally, and international community solidarity and outrage through media, social media;
– helps those most impacted feel like they have support, a voice, even when state-controlled media, education systems, are silencing/isolating stories of oppression and violence.
– a way to garner masses to for social, political, economic change, a space to reject whats wrong and envision what we want.