Yes some of the games amuse me, here is a glimpse into my head.
Everything is so serious on Facebook these days. Let’s have a little fun…
Three names I go by:
1. On my birth certificate and passport I am Yulia Medovoy
2. When we moved to America from Russia I was 7, they wanted to call me Julia, but I thought it sounded too fancy, and read in a book that Julie was a valley girl name. Until 27 years old I was Julie Medovoy on my High School Diploma, on my Bachelors Degree, and on my Drivers License.
3. I worked on cruise ships and saw so many nationalities with so many unique names, even there I was like “Julie the Cruise Director, (Love Boat)” Once I moved to LA, I called all my credit card companies and told them they spelled my name wrong, I was reborn as Yulia, and all I had to do at the DMV was show them my passport.
Three places that I’ve lived in:
1. Moscow, Russia
2. Denver, Colorado
3. Miami, Florida
Three places I have worked:
1. A TDD Operator typing and reading messages, from Deaf to Hearing and Hearing To Deaf.
2. Marsbar, The coolest night club outside of Miami Beach, everything in Miami is open until 5am
3. Norwegian Cruise Line for 3 years, first as a Purser, front desk, and then as Cruise Staff, parties, bingo, and having a drink with the passengers, making sure they are having a good time.
Three things I love to watch:
1. My husband and I are a perfect match, we both love General Hospital
2. I love to watch live performances, all types, love the live vibe
3. A good movie, which are rare, so I do not watch many, but when its good its so good
Three places I have been:
1. Czech Republic and Slovakia on a study abroad program in college.
2. Israel, when I was 16 for a high school semester, my first trip ever, and I knew it would be the only place my parents would let me go. I have been there four times since then, and will go again to visit our family.
3. All over the Caribbean, Scandinavian, Mediterranean, Eastern and Western Europe working on Norwegian Cruise Line. My favorite country, Italy, so full of passion in everything from the language to the gelato. My favorite place is Santorini, Greece, on top of a mountain, the only way to get there is by walking, cable car, or donkey, of course I took the donkey.
Three things I love to eat:
1. FOOD (I really do love all types of food, I just love to eat)
3. My comfort food is what I grew up with in my Russian-Jewish home, I love Kapusta (hand made saur kraut), Selodka (herring), Borsht (beet and cabbage soup) , Galuptzi (stuffed cabbage and also stuffed peppers), and all the yummy Russian salads.
Three favorite drinks:
1. On Shabbat we love to mix grape juice with club soda
2. Anything hot, tea, coffee, cider, hot chocolate, even broth!
3. I don’t know if it is my favorite, but I am non stop drinking water, and it makes me feel good. I drink two glasses in the morning before I put anything else in my body, and have a bottle to drink throughout the day. Sometimes hunger is mistaken for thirst, so I want to keep myself hydrated and functioning at high capacity, our body is mostly water.
Three things I am looking forward to:
2. My kids going back to school after winter break
3. The never ending possibilities of life
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my friends all over the world,